Monday, June 8, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
I would have taken a picture of these except we were too excited to wait. I grew up eating these in Morocco and are very popular in Europe. Here is an easy recipe I found in a kid's cookbook.
- 1 sheet froezn puff pastry
- 4 ounces thin semi-sweet chocolate bar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degress
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 20 minutes until it is bendable. Cut pastry sheet into 12 squares
- Break or cut chocolate into 12 small rectangles. Place chocolate on one edge of the pastry and rool tight, finishing the seam on the bottom.
- Place the rolled-up pastries, seam side down. Press the open edges of the pastry with fork to seal
- Seperate egg yolk and egg white. Whisk egg yolk and 1 T of water. Using a pastry brush brush the tops of the pastry with egg wash.
- bake 20 minutes or until puffed and golden
- Let cool.
Kids Cook 1-2-3
by Rozanne Gold
For the tomato soup I subsituted the water for whipping cream. I did not have tomato juice but I did have tomato sauce. I only added 1 tsp of sugar. It had a nice spicey kick to it. Zachary said it was way better than the can tomato soup.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Sorry No Picture. This bread gets eaten up too quickly. I found the recipe from the Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan. Select Dough setting and press start.
- When machine beeps, remove from bread pan and turn onto a floured surfaced
- Grease loaf pan. Sprinkle sides with cornmeal, if desired. I find it very messy with cornmeal so I do not do this step.
- Place dough in greased pan and press evenly into pan
- Cover and let rise in a warm oven for 20 -30 minutes. ( Hint: to warm oven, turn oven to Warm setting for 2 minutes then turn off. Place covered dough in oven ).
- When dough has risen, Preheat oven to 400 F. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Rub a little butter on the hot bread to soften in. Let it cool for a good 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!!!!
Preheat oven to 325
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
Stir in :
2 well-beaten eggs
1/2 cups molasses
2 tsp. vinegar
Sift and add:
3 3/4 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2-3 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinammon
1/4 tsp. cloves
Mix ingredients until well blended. Form dough into 3/4in balls. Bake on a greased cookie sheet about 12 minutes. As the ball melts, th cokie gets a crinkled surface.
******This is from the joy of cooking cookbook.